Well played Riot, you had a good run. I think it’s time to hand the crown over to Steam.
I really need to decide the pros and cons of the Xbox and the Fightstick, because this is a legitimate question now.
- Become better at fight games
- Works on PS3, PC, and 360, so I won’t need to buy a new stick for a while
- Can be easily modded for 8 directional input
- Can probably be resold to my other friends who like fight games if I want
- Can only really play Skullgirls because there aren’t many fight games on PC
- The Fightstick doesn’t work on Xbone, so no Killer Instinct (I think)
- I need to get a 360 anyways to have more Fight Games, because the PC Fight game market is anemic at best. So it might make more sense to get the Xbox first anyways
- Play games with my friends/family who don’t have PC games
- Tons and TONS of fight games available on Xbox Live for cheep.
- Halo, which is probably one of my favorite arena shooters
- If I wanted to be a cheap asshole I could get a Keyboard and Mouse hook-up for the 360 that would allow me to aim with mouse & keyboard vs the people using gamepads.
- Huge library of indie games that’re actually pretty good
- Actually way cheaper than PS3, in terms of initial start-up price.
- Free games every now and again cause I’d have Gold, so I arguably wouldn’t even need to buy games for a while.
- $50(?) a year to get ads shoved in my face.
- While this does have more fight games than PS3, the Jojo fighting game is only on PS3
- Have to wait longer to use a fight stick, and as such will get trashed for far longer if I play fight games.
- Have to rebuild my ENTIRE game library / Achievement score since I gave my old Xbox and account to my little brother when I went away to college.
Mathematical Object Minimalist Posters by Visualizingmath. (Yes, I actually attempted to make something!)
Thank you to Curiosamathematica for creating the Klein Bottle image!These are are
Oh jeez — as it turns out, the Fightstick I want, with a mod to change it from full-range to eight directional stick movement, is $177.19
An Xbox 360 is $170.
So with the same money from the fight stick, I actually could get an Xbox…
I honestly wish I had a Xbox 360 right about now.
There’s a ton of people I miss playing games with who don’t have PC’s (my brother, Kate, Jawarrior, etc).
I’d love to buy an Xbox so I could do that… but I’m currently saving for a Fight-stick, so that’s gonna be a while off. Maybe for my birthday or something…
Fired up DOTA 2 for the first time in what seems like months
I forgot what fun was like.
Couldn’t help it - when you watch “Yakuza 4” while doing other art projects, ideas like these happen.
Best friends zaibatsu matryoshka dolls. If someone’s gonna make a real version of these, that’d be pretty cool.
Lady Lion from DotA 2
Wow okay, never randomly glomp me ever.
I nearly roundhouse kicked some dude in the face because a black belt’s instincts to “somebody is holding you forceably at night where nobody else is” aren’t very friendly.